Who We Are
Begun January 18, 1919, the Emory University Woman’s Club is the oldest, continuously operating organization at EmoryUniversity. At the Club’s inception, as stated in the minutes of the first meeting, the purpose of the EUWC was “to foster social life among its members, promote the welfare of the student body, and to provide service to the University and community.”
Today, the means of accomplishing these goals has changed, but the original purpose has remained constant. The Club’s newcomer activities, interest groups, and social activities serve an increasingly important function in helping individuals find a place within the complex society that Emory has become. We remain one of the few groups that bring people from all areas of the University community together, and are committed to further promotion of this interaction.
EUWC has established three endowed scholarships which are awarded annually: the Memorial Graduate Research Award, Rollins School of Public Health Scholarship and the Arts Scholarship.
Share the Care
At each membership meeting, members may donate to a selected local charity. Details on specified charitable orgranizations and how to donate are provided under "Helpful Links" above.
EUWC Memorial Library Fund
The Club makes an annual $50.00 donation to the fund at Woodruff Library in honor of recently deceased members, as well as former members and spouses of members.